International Admissions PolicyIf you feel you meet the basic criteria for admission to North Toronto Christian School, you will be required to fill in an international student application and send it with a copy of your latest report card to the Admissions Office at the school. A letter of recommendation from your current school principal is also required.
Each student's application is processed individually on the basis of the information received. Students visiting Toronto or those enrolled in another Canadian secondary school may write a English proficiency test and have an admissions interview at the school. If the student meets the school's admissions requirements, a conditional letter of acceptance will be sent to the student and family.
Canadian Immigration requires that a student Visa be processed in the country of residence, not in Canada. However, the Immigration Office in Toronto can issue a new student Visa for a student transferring from another Canadian school to NTCS.
Required InformationThe following information is required before an application is approved:
- A completed application form
- Students applying for grade 7, 8, or 9 -- copies of reports from the previous year. Students applying for grade 10, 11, or 12 -- copies of all final reports for high school grades completed outside Ontario (including a certified translation). No equivalent credits can be granted without this documentation.
- For applicants to grade 11 or 12 from an Ontario high school, a photocopy of grade 10 Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test result.
- Recommendation from a current school principal/teacher/guidance counsellor concerning behaviour, attitude, and work ethic.
- Detailed information on the parent/guardian relationship here in Canada, including the address and phone number (work and home) of guardian and the address (and fax number if available) for parents in foreign country. The school requires that all students be living in the same residence as and under the direct authority and supervision of a parent or guardian or other designated adult, regardless of their age.
- Results obtained on the NTCS English Language Proficiency Test.
- A statement of willingness to participate in summer ESL program here at North Toronto Christian School and take ESL during the school year, should this be indicated by the Language Proficiency Test.
The following information is required after an application has been approved, but before the student enters the school:
- Copy of the student's immunization record.
- Evidence of health insurance, or the student's participation in North Toronto Christian School's group health insurance plan for international students.
- Copy of student Visa, and a certificate of birth or a passport.
You can download an international student application here.